Thursday 1 November 2012

A speedy sequel with NaNoWriMo


After weeks of consideration, I finally decided to have a go at Nanowrimo this year. National Novel Writing Month ( www.nanowrimo.org)  is certainly a great way of making you write instead of putting it off until the housework is done, the dog is walked or any other tasks that stop you from writing.

I felt terrified when I opened up a blank screen today  but as soon as I started I couldn't stop.  It was amazing not to worry about spelling or grammar or how it reads.  I simply let it flow out of my head and onto the keyboard and computer screen. Within 30 minutes I had nearly 900 words which spurred me on further so now on day one, I am slightly ahead.

Just have to keep this up for another 29 days and I may just have a very rough draft of my next novel.  I hope this will be the sequel to my novel Red Kite which I hope to publish this month on Kindle.  Red Kite took my almost ten years to complete so this has to be a better option.  I think if I can at least get the bare bones of  the novel down I can add the flesh at a later date.  Sounds a bit like a horror story but I am certainly not scared of having a go.    






2 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work! I'm about to send one of my books - written on Nano some years ago - around the publishers in 2013 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great news Carole, it's certainly the way to get a novel written quickly and then do something with it. xx

      Delete