Sunday 22 January 2017

A few more fences to jump.


After nearly three years I am in the final stages of publishing my real life story 'The Painted Pony' about my beautiful horse Chad.

He wasn't a famous horse but he was loved by so many people locally and it's been difficult in so many ways as I suppose it's verging on being autobiographical.  I am not a famous person but some how me and Chad clocked up so many years, sharing good and bad times together that I felt were worth recording in written form.

He changed me from a painfully shy child to the person I am today, maybe a little crazy but I do have more confidence in my mature years and Chad was the beginning of that change.

Self publishing isn't easy but with a story like this which would not be commercial enough to sell, it was the only option.  I am glad I went down this route as I have been able to include all the photographs that I want, choose the front cover and it will only be read by people who want to read about Chad.

Proof reading is one of my weakest points and although I have read it over and over again on the computer, it's amazing how many little mistakes keep showing up or hiding from me after so many years.  

With this in mind I uploaded it onto a self publishing site in A4 size with extra spaces and pages to scribble notes and alterations on. It's working so well and things are jumping out at me straight away, yet when I read it on my computer, my eyes just scanned over them.

It's been great to see how the photographs work with the text too as there will probably be a lot of re-sizing, or re-positioning required before it looks right.

A few more fences to jump then hopefully 'The Painted Pony' will be getting to the finish!



My A4 version of 'The Painted Pony' 
(Plenty of room for scribbling notes)

No comments:

Post a Comment