Monday 1 March 2010

Two Shropshire Lasses



What a lovely end to my week off. The Shropshire Star came out last Friday and took this photo of me and Mom with our books. I am really pleased as it was in today's version of the Shropshire Star. It was so much fun, we got a fit of the giggles when the photographer was there.

It's been a real boost, and although my book was published ages ago, there is no harm in giving it a bit of a re-launch, and I am so proud of Mom with her lovely book that is doing really well.

I was back at work today, but had an email from a publisher when I got home who is prepared to read one of my children's stories. I am feeling on cloud nine tonight, so rather than the Monday blues, I think I will re-name it the Monday 'Whoo hoos!'

Di
x

4 comments:

  1. What a very wonderful photograph, Di, thanks so much for sharing it. You both look so happy. And good luck with that children's story. Hugs.. Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked at the paper and shrieked!! What a great photo! You and your mom look great.
    Brenda's story about My Weekly is on the same page too! Wrekin Writers rule OK!!


    So pleased about the publisher interested in your book too - hope it all goes well.

    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Carole, Yes we were so happy. It was so much fun and we are pleased with the write up.

    Oh Julie, it was so funny. Mom rang me at work to say it was in, she was so excited.
    All good fun

    Thanks both
    Di
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Di the photo and article of you and your Mum Phyllis in the paper was wonderful - you two do some much and are such and inspiration and a joy to have as members of Wrekin Writers.

    And your news - that is fantastic, everything crossed for you sweetheart

    xx

    ReplyDelete