Wednesday 5 May 2010

A shared passion



The new look Shropshire Review is full of articles and things that are going on around the county.

I contacted the Editor back in January about a possible feature on me and my Mum, and our shared passion for writing, and was thrilled when they informed me that it would be in the May edition.

I have to thank Mike White from Wrekin Writers who got a copy before I did to confirm it was in, and he even gave me a copy as I have difficulty getting one where I live. I also have to thank Simon Whaley for taking the picture of us both when I thrust my camera at him during a break at a monthly writers meeting.

It's been a lovely confidence booster for us both and as a result we have made a few more book sales, and had some lovely conversations with people who have seen it.

I would certainly recommend contacting the magazine if you have any ideas for future features.

Good luck!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Diane,
    That's fantastic. And to think your Mum and you have such a shared passion. No doubt, you are both thrilled. Well done and continued happy writing.
    With respect, Gary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Di.
    I'll have to look out for the Shropshire Review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photograph of you both. How very blessed you are.

    Hugs..

    ReplyDelete