Wednesday 26 May 2010

Stepping back to get a wider picture



I want to begin this post by thanking Julie Phillips who has really inspired me to work in a different way with my writing.

She started a forum where writers can analyse a piece of writing and give comments such as title, word length, structure, main character, pace etc, whatever you want to comment on really.

I read several short stories and found one that I particularly liked so had a go and found that I really enjoyed the exercise. Julie then posted my feed back onto her new private blog called 'Analyse this'. (see 'Julie's Quest' for details.)

The wonderful thing is that it made me take a step back and look at my own writing by using the same method. I now feel inspired to dig out some of my rejected stories, re-work them and send them off again.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Di, and thank you! I'm so glad that the forum has helped you and inspired you. That's exactly what I hoped it would do.

    We're going to have a lot of fun!

    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all need to take a step back from time to time. Sometimes we focus too much on the detail infront, to stop and take a look at the wider picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diane,
    That's the spirit! Get them old rejected stories out and dust 'em off.
    Wishing you and all your writing friends much positive interaction on Julie's new private blog forum
    Happy writing and keep going.
    With respect, Gary :-)

    ReplyDelete